Healthcare-associated Infections (HAIs) Represent a Major Threat to Patient Safety and Public Health
1 IN 31
hospital patients will experience at least one HAI2
in incremental costs per patient1
deaths in the US annually2
in estimated direct medical costs in the US annually3
Taking outbreak investigations to the next level
Single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) based analysis of genomic distance is the most precise and definitive way to conduct an outbreak investigation. epiXact gives you the confidence to act quickly when an outbreak is real and to call off unnecessary and expensive interventions when an outbreak can be ruled out.
With epiXact you can:
- Determine outbreak cluster inclusion/exclusion of sample with superior resolution to most methods
- Receive a conclusive report within 2 days
- Conduct a personal consultation with our bioinformatics experts
Day Zero Diagnostics is a CLIA certified laboratory. EpiXact is available as a CLIA validated service or Research Use Only. EpiXact is available as Research Use Only in CA, MD, PA, RI and NY.
With epiXact’s whole-genome SNP analysis, we identify differences at the single DNA base pair level to estimate genomic distance between samples.
Each report includes:
- Simple, easy to read report with actionable interpretation
- Confirmation of organism ID and MLST typing
- SNP analysis and distance matrix visualization of relatedness
- Determination of outbreak cluster inclusion/exclusion for each sample
- Sequencing quality metrics including genome coverage and Q-score
Building custom pipelines for complex or high sample volume projects
Whether you have a cohort of samples that needs sequencing, are working on a research project, or have any other need that requires building a custom computational biology pipeline, our world-class team of scientists is available for your needs.
Some examples of services we can provide:
- Transmission analysis at scale to detect transmission pathways and perform large-scale surveillance
- Metagenomic profiling to detect species abundance rate and identify strain presence
- Genome characterization, including species determination and typing, resistance and virulence genes, plasmid profile, and genomic antibiotic susceptibility testing.
Prospective sequencing-based surveillance services to modernize hospital infection prevention and control
We offer epiXome to selected sites as a service that enables real-time identification of healthcare-associated infection (HAI) transmission events. EpiXome is able to deliver an alert to infection control for an HAI event before they may even become aware of it. We utilize cost-effective sequencing to leverage the precision of WGS and epiXact analysis to provide unprecedented insight on the institutional epidemiology of bacterial infections.
- Early infection outbreak detection and interventions
- Data-driven transmission investigations
- Sequencing based feedback for microbiology quality management
Please contact us to see if you qualify.
Collaborating with Biotech and Pharma for Custom Assay Development
Day Zero Lab partners with biotech and life science companies to leverage our expertise in whole-genome sequencing, computational biology, and laboratory testing to develop a custom assay to fit your specific therapeutic need. Development of new assays is guided by our world-class team of scientists and in compliance with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Sign-Up to Receive the Monthly SNPIT Newsletter
1. Ward et al. Integration of genomic and clinical data augments surveillance of healthcare-acquired infections. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2019;40: 649–655. doi:10.1017/ice.2019.75
2. Healthcare-associated Infections. In: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2020 p. Accessed 7/7/2020.
3. Scott R. The direct medical costs of healthcare-associated infections in US hospitals and the benefits of prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2009.